I’ve finally uploaded a lightbox – essentially a tool for my website that will allow me to have smaller images on my site but, if you click on them, you will see a much larger image. I haven’t changed all the image sizes yet so, old copy will probably not yield larger images – at this time. All new copy will include close ups.
I love hearing from people and try to answer all my emails. To contact me via email, send your thoughts to: email@example.com. Please, if possible, don’t leave questions or comments on this site (or YouTube) as I can only handle one place to get mail. I am also the only person working on this site, producing the newsletter, researching video content and answering your emails. Did that sound like whining? Probably was. Sorry.
Please note: If your questions are not answered by the automated email, please email me at: Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter Sign up:
Sign Up Below for my fabulous and free newsletter: In The Studio with Nancy.
*** If you are interested in purchasing my video and getting the 15% discount, please do so after signing up for the newsletter. There will be a link in the email, that you will receive after signing up. You might have to wait up to 24 hours for the email to arrive. There is a special link, in that email, that gives you the discount. Purchase the video through that link. Thanks.
Get exclusive content, discounts on videos and a whole lot more!
The Riveted Portrait Pendant Project Video is Available. Go to the url below!
But wait, did you sign up for the newsletter and get your 15% discount? Please see instructions above! Thank you.
Check out the Trailer for this video.
News and Etcetera:
My friend, Kavitha Balakrishnan, has published her first book. Please see below, from my Book Links page.
How Terracotta (natural clay) jewellery is made in India by Kavitha Balakrishnan. Kavitha and I have been emailing for a few years now. I am so grateful for having been able to watch as she took on her dreams and made them realities. Kavita has been working tirelessly to promote jewelry making for women in her country. Her mission is to help women start businesses and become self-sufficient. I am so thrilled to see that she has published her first book on terracotta jewelry. If you want to learn how to create terracotta jewelry or want a different perspective on the crafts of India, check out Kavitha’s book. Also, take some time to visit her website: My Identity for Women.
Putting on my sharing hat now:
Hello there! Some of you will begin to see the following blurb, at the bottom of emails from me. It came to my attention, recently, that many don’t know that my videos, newsletter and web content are self funded. Many have asked how they can help so, I’m sharing:
“I apologize if you have already seen this message, I’m just trying to get the word out.
Hello Everyone! Just a brief note before I go: In case you didn’t know (I figured that I should, FINALLY, mention this): I am a small, negative profit business. In order to continue to produce our free content, we need your support. If you purchase books, tools or materials through my Amazon links (I only recommend links that I trust and/or have used) or you watch the short ads at the beginning of our YouTube videos, you are helping to keep the free videos, newsletter and web content coming. Also, by purchasing my video (soon to be videos) you are showing your support. My only source of funding is from these venues. Thank you so much for your help! Nancy and the Team at Nancylthamilton.com.”
Messing around with Josten’s, Yearbook Yourself.
New Web Pages:
- On Pickle, Acid, Crock Pots and Baking Soda
- Updates and Revisions to: Jump Rings
- Ventilation – fume and dust ventilation discussed
- Stones and Stone Setting - Just started on this overly ambitious subject. I’m kicking myself for starting it!
- New B&S Gauge Chart for your bench. Includes gauge, sizes in mm’s, sizes in inches (decimal) and recommended drill bits.
- Many new suppliers at my Jewelry Supplies (links) Page.
- Updated links to instruction, blogs and information at my Jewelry Instruction and Blogs page.
- Flex Shafts, Dremels and Drilling Tools.
- Mandrel Holders
- Ring, Bracelet and Bezel Mandrels
- Photography and Video Editing: Photo Editing Software – another under construction site but, there’s lots of information there on free and other types of editing software.
- Chimera Page – Updates on what’s happening in the jewelry world at Chimera. See photos of the newly completed studio. This too is temporary as we will be moving to larger quarters, hopefully, by May 2015!!!!! Support Chimera now – with donations of cash, tools, time. Even if you don’t live here, your help will make sure that this important resource thrives! Memberships purchased now, before the move, will be discounted after the move, when memberships fees go up. Save yourself some cash and help out by joining now! Thank you so much.
- Many books added to the Books page. Check to see if the book you want to buy is discussed there.
- Almost done with a page on Files – to be released soon.
- Other surprises. Maybe I’ll even finish a page someday!
- Just finished filming a video on making metal flowers (3/14/14). There will be a companion video, showing how I create my designs/patterns on the computer (screen-shot video). I hope to have this released by next week!
I have a new Facebook artist page! Visit it here and “like” it to keep up with me on Facebook. (Well, I’m kind of a slacker at “keeping up”. But, once in a while I get there!)
See what other subscriber’s are up to at: My Subscriber’s Page. If you’d like to show your work, please email me a link to your blog, site or store. If accepted, I’ll need a photo or you or your work, a brief bio and all the links that you want posted.