Recently completed, this bracelet took about 80 hours to create. The ring about 30 hours. No fancy names for them – yet! Photos below, were taken using my Samsung phone.
Cuff – Chased and Repoussed flowers, pierced brass cuff base, sterling, open ended bezel, dyed howlite, flowers made from sterling, bronze, brass and copper.
Ring – Flowers of silver, bronze and copper, chased & repoussed. Band is 12 gauge Sterling wire, wrapped, soldered and then the band is cut open making it adjustable.
New Web Pages:
As of June 2014, I added four new pages:
- Acetylene Gas – Torch, Tanks, Setup, Safety. Ever wondered about your tank? What is in it, who invented it? Do you know about flashback arrestors and hoses? Many of these questions are answered on this page.
- Jewelry Tools from Micro-Mark - A great resource for all things small. But, are they great for jewelry making? I share my favorites and not-so-favorites from one of my favorite stores.
- Jewelry Tools from Harbor Freight - Setting up a new studio? Want tools on the cheap? Here are a few suggestions.
- Questions and Answers. Please spend some time perusing this site, as I would cry if I found out that I’m the only one who reads it.
News and Etcetera:
Getting close to our millionth view – well kinda: 711,402 views so far. Think we might give away some jewelry for that momentous event . Might. Thinking about it. Could happen. Want some? Details soon. Keep thinking I should have more cats on the videos – maybe: cats soldering without tying their tails back! Scandalous!
I’d like to thank my most fabulous, talented and interesting subscribers! It is so amazing to have almost 9,000 of you along for the ride. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, if everyone would just send me $1000.00 US, I could move to Hawaii tomorrow. Think about it. It could be fun?
I’m building a new studio (well, my husband and a friend are). It will be a clean (?), well-lighted, larger space. I am so excited to start moving all my “stuff” in there. Yippee!
Will be filming our next video on: Creating photos of your jewelry using your cell phone. The images of the above cuff and ring were taken with my Samsung phone. Hopefully, the new video will be filmed in my new studio. Can’t wait!
Newsletter Sign up:
Sign Up Below for my fabulous and free newsletter: In The Studio with Nancy (which is way behind right now)
Get exclusive content, discounts on videos and a whole lot more!
The Riveted Portrait Pendant Project Video is Now Available. Go to the url below!
Here’s the Trailer for our full length project video, The Riveted Portrait Pendant:
- Bending Wire and Tubing with the Pepe Superior Ring Bender (part one) – In this video, I show you how to make hollow hoop earrings and earrings using tubing for the ear wire mechanism.
- Bending Wire and Tubing with the Pepe Superior Ring Bender (part two) – ditto above description.
- Flush Setting Faceted Stones – In this video I share a few tricks for easily setting small faceted, round stones.
Please, if possible, don’t leave questions or comments on this site as I can only handle one place to get mail. It’s true – I’m not a great computer wizard! Please use my email and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a new Facebook artist page! Visit it here and “like” it to keep up with me on Facebook. (Well, I’m kind of a slacker at “keeping up”. But, once in a while I get there!)
I’m going to be teaching a class at the fabulous Art is You in Petaluma, in 2014. Besides California, the retreat will travel to Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Australia. I won’t be at all those places – just Petaluma. (Do they only choose places that are over 7 letters long?) I’ll keep you posted! In the meantime, check out the great classes still available for 2013. Register now or miss out!
- Workshops in Petaluma, CA 2013.
- Workshops in Stamford, CN 2013
- Tennessee was in April and is now over.
I went to the retreat last year and learned so much, ate fabulous food, met some great people and expanded my horizons. I can’t wait to teach here! Hope you’ll join me in 2014.
See what other subscriber’s are up to at: My Subscriber’s Page. If you’d like to show your work, please email me a link to your blog, site or store. If accepted, I’ll need a photo or you or your work, a brief bio and all the links that you want posted.