Jewelry Tools and Materials
- Beadaholique – Los Angeles, CA. Beadaholique TV, Instruction, Beading Supplies and Tools, Crystal, Stampings, Filigree, Chain, Tools, Butane Torches. Mostly basic jewelry tools.
- Beaducation – Redwood City, CA. Tools, Supplies, Video Education. Metals, Bracelet Blanks, Stamping Blocks, Riveting, Charms, Beads, Leather, Enamel, Patinas, Resin, etc.
- Contenti – Pawtucket, RI. Jewelry Tools, Supplies, Metal (Brass, Copper, Nickel Silver, Pewter), Metal Clay, Wire, Casting Alloys, Rolling Mills, Findings, etc.
- Esslinger – Saint Paul, MN. Jewelry making tools and supplies. Watchmaker’s supplies and tools. Gemology tools. Gemstones, findings, display and packaging, engraving, engraving plates.
- Eurotool – Grandview, Missouri. Jewelry tools and supplies. Sterling, brass and nickel silver pattern wire, copper, red brass, nickel silver, cut-out shapes. Torches, vises, hammers, pattern hammers, anvils, etc.
- FDJtools – Winter Park, Florida. Jewelry Making Tools, Polishing, Metal Working, Metal Clay, Beading, Mold Making, Classes, etc.
- Fire Mountain Gems – Grants Pass, Oregon. Jewelry Supplies and Materials, Instruction, Artists Gallery, Videos, Wire Working Supplies, Stringing Supplies, Crystals, Beads,
- Gesswein – Bridgeport, Connecticut. They also have sales through their Canadian location at Gesswein Canada. Jewelry tools and supplies. Watch tools and batteries. Wild fowl carving tools. (Slightly) Used tools.
- GS Supplies – Rochester, N.Y. Jewelry supplies. Hobby and Craft Supplies. Beading, Ceramics, Collecting, Doll Making, Miniatures, Model Building, Paper Craft Railroading, Rocks/Minerals, Watches/Clocks, Woodworking.
- Jewelry Supply.Com – Roseville, CA. Crystals, Pendants, Chains, Cabochons, Beads, Wire, Jewelry Tools, Waxworking Supplies, Burs, Bits, Safety, etc.
- Metalliferous – New York, NY. Big metal supplier. Lots of different shapes, sizes and thicknesses of sheet, wire, tubing, etc. Copper and brass stampings, nuts and bolts and other strange things are available here.
- Otto Frei – Oakland, CA. Metal, Tools, Materials, Findings. Otto Frei offers many different tools and materials that are not available at Rio Grande. The people who work there are great. Used Tools.
- Pepe Tools – Oklahoma City, OK. Bench tools, Casting, Cutting Tools, Metal Forming, Wax Working, Rolling Mills. Instructions and Videos. Tools and supplies sold through dealers only. Contenti, Gesswein, Otto Frei, Stuller, FDJ, RoseCo, Rio Grande, Waymil are dealers.
- Potter USA – Tucson, Arizona. Koil Kutter and Tooling, Hydraulic Presses, Jewelry videos and how-to’s. Stakes and forging tools, Shears, Forges, Pancake Dies, Silhouette Dies, Miland Jewelry Tools. Copper Sheet.
- Reactive Metals – Clarkdale, Arizona. Get your Niobium, Titanium, Anodizers, Mokume Gane, Bi-Metal, Alloys, Patinas, Nuts and Bolts, Taps and Dies, Chris’s Cables, Drill bits and these cool silver things they call Impressions (page 15) here and so much more.
- Rio Grande –Albuquerque, NM. Sheet Metal, Gems, Tools, Enamels and Enameling Supplies, Findings, Finished Jewelry, Packaging, Display, Beads and Stringing Supplies, Resin, Classes, Education, Blog, etc. My main supplier because of their great prices, easily navigable website, great customer service and excellent shipping and turnaround times.
- Roseco, Inc. – Dallas Texas. Wholesale. Jewelry Tools and Supplies. Loose Stones, Findings, Metal, Pearls, Hand Tools, Watch Supplies, Testing Supplies, etc.
- Silver Supplies – Tucson, AZ. Jewelry, Lapidary, Beading, Goldsmiths, Silversmiths, Stone Cutting tools and supplies. Findings, metal, books, etc.
- Stuller – Lafayette, LA. Wholesale only! All types of jewelry tools. Pre Made jewelry, wedding jewelry, refining, metals, mountings, chain and cord, etc.
- Waymil – Doral, Florida. Metals: Nickel, Copper, Nu-Gold, Brass Sheet. Bronze casting grains, Wire, Jewelry Tools: Dapping, Drawplates, Files, Flex shafts, Engraving, Electroplating, Rolling Mills, Safety Products, etc.
- Wholesale Jewelry Supply – Cranston, Rhode Island. Wholesale. Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Gun Metal, Base Metal, Swarovski, Stainless Steel Chain and Findings, Beads, Very limited tools – mostly metal and supplies, etc.
- Best Cut Gems – Ron and Linda’s online store for “one-of-a-kind gems, exotic pearls and custom made jewelry”. Lots of beautiful stones.
- Concave Gems – Award winning gemstone designers: Richard P. Homer, GG and Reginald L. Hulsey, GJG
- Enchanted Crystal Cave – my adopted son, Adam runs this shop. He collects unusual stones from around the world.
- JewelSuppliers – Jewel Suppliers from voyages around the world. Cabs, faceted, beads and interesting things.
- Rio Grande – Many types of gemstones. Faceted, cabs, diamonds, CZ’s, beads. Good quality
- Hand Dimpling Pliers from Aircraft Tool Supply. Nice tool for making dimples on metal. 3 other sizes of punches and dies can be purchased to use with the tool. Dimple sizes are: 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″. $35.95 US as of 3/15.
- FDJ On Time Dimpler Pliers
- Dimpler Plier – Amazon, by Eurotool
- Eurotool – Dimple Pliers
- Harbor Freight Dapping set
- Micro-Tools Dapping set
- Please see my webpage: Punches and Daps for more information and links.
- Ball Pein Hammer, 2oz – Micro-Tools
- Nylon Tipped Forming Hammer – Micro-Tools
- French Riveting Hammer – Micro-Tools
- Fretz Hammers – at Fretz Design, Otto Frei, FDJTool, Cool Tools, etc.
- Peddinghaus Hammers – at Amazon, Rio Grande, FDJTool,Otto Frei, etc.
- Rawhide Mallet, 6oz – Micro-Tools
- Value Line Silversmiths Hammers at Otto Frei
- Harbor Freight Flex Shaft
- Foredom Flex Shafts (1 of many)
- Foredom 18 Quick-Change HandPiece
- Please see my page on: Flex Shafts, Dremels and Drilling Tools, for tons of links and information.
- Mandrel Holder – Amazon
- Universal or Turret Mandrel Stand – Contenti
- Please see my page on Mandrel Holders for many more links and other fabulous information!
- Mojave Southern Machine Works – Blacksmiths and Forge Supply
- Please see my page on Rings, Bracelet and Bezel Mandrels for many more links and other fabulous information.
Miter Cutting Vise
- Miter Cutting Vise, pricey but good – Rio Grande
- Miter Cutting Vise, 45°, 60° and 90° angles, less pricey
- Miter Cutting Vise, Economy – micro-tools
- Still waiting for a wider one, people!
- Please see my page: Miter Cutting Vice Jig for more links and information.
Punches and Daps
- Please see my page on Punches and Daps for more information on suppliers and instruction. Also, check out the many jewelry suppliers listed above under: Jewelry Tools and Materials, above.
- Gauge for Drill Bits and Screws – Micro-Mark
- Tube Riveting Set by Tim Lazure
- Please see my page on Riveting for more information.
- Jilson Monodex Shear, part no. JS12 from Aircraft Tool Supply. Will cut mild steel up to 18 gauge. You can get some interesting effects with this tool.
- Bergeon Tubing Cutters – Otto Frei
- Four Angle Tubing Cutter – Otto Frei
- Tube Holding and Cutting Pliers (Amazon)
- Thumler’s Tumbler Small Rotary Tumbler Kit– Otto Frei
- Harbor Freight 3 lb Tumbler
- Harbor Freight Dual Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler
- Harbor Freight Vibrator/Tumbler 5 lb.
- Harbor Freight Vibratory Bowl 18 lb.
- Lortone 3A Single Barrel Tumbler (at Amazon)
- Lortone 33 B (2 Barrel) Rock Tumbler (at Amazon)
- Raytech TV-5 Vibratory Tumbler – Otto Frei